Skip to main content

Using pronouns

 A pronouns is a word that replcaes a noun. We use pronouns to avoid repeating the noun. It must always be clear what  pronouns refers to. This is called the pronoun's antecedent
One common errors with pronouns is when there is no antecedent .
In the restaurant , they said I have to leave. (Who said I had to leave?)
Another common errors is when the antecedent is a ambiguous.
Maria told Lyn that her purse was missing.
(Is maria's purse or lynn's purse missing?)

Leave your question!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing for the fearful and how to over come

If you need  to improve your writing skills,  learnenglishpowerfully site  is given you some useful tips so try the following short exercises Get the writing habit write out a story you enjoyed as a write to a friend saying what you hope to get out being student write down ten English words you like the sound of. write short piece which include all those words. Be as  crazy as you like. play just a minute give your self one minute to write about one of the following :-           (a): The most embarrassing thing that ever happened....           (b): I am lucky because..           (c): what annoys me is...           (d): The worst thing I ate                             Write for five minutes Chose any subject Do not stop to think. The idea is to get used to writi...